Get Your Business Started With Flat Responsive

Use Flat Responsive theme to create your business website as it is SEO optimized.
Enjoy the flexibility in design and functionality provided by this theme.

Get Theme

Do you need ESTA visa for your family trip? 

If you want to visit the US, you will be glad to hear that it is no longer necessary to place a formal Visa sticker in the passport, thanks to the Visa Waiver Program or VWP. It allows people from foreign countries to visit America, no matter if it is for business or pleasure, for 90 days or less.

However, not everyone can get approved; you need to be a citizen or national of a country under this program. Some of them are Australia, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, and more.


If you are coming to the United States by ship or plane, you need to register for this American visa online before that. It is not required for land crossings. You must register at least 72 hours before leaving. In theory, it is possible to do it at the last minute, but it is better to avoid unpleasant surprises by doing it on time. It is valid for two years, multiple entries, and free. If you want to register, you can do it online, on the official website. All you need to do, considering your country is a part of this program, is to submit required information and wait until you get denied or approved. Remember, you need to do it before arriving in the United States, not after, as it will not be possible.

Keep in mind that an ESTA travel authorization allows you to board an airline or ship for travel to the U.S. under the VWP. The final decision about letting a foreign traveler enter is up to the American airport officers. ESTA is not a guarantee of admissibility.

For those who get denied when applying, there is still chance to get approved on the second attempt. However, the conditions are – you need to wait at least ten days to reapply, and with changed circumstances. If there is no difference, re-application won’t have an influence on the previous result. Also, be careful, don’t provide false information, unless you want to be forbidden from entering America in the future.


Obtaining this visa is not required only when you want to visit the United States, it is also necessary if you are just passing through. For example, if you are on an international flight, with a stop in the U.S. you need to have it. When applying, input the words “in transit”, and enter your final destination.

Some of the data you need to provide are name, birth date, country of citizenship and residence, sex, telephone number, email address, destination, passport information, and questions regarding diseases such as HIV, gonorrhea, syphilis, tuberculosis, physical or mental disorders, and drug addiction problems. If you want to know more, take a look at

If you want to go on a family getaway and are planning to visit or pass through the United States, you should obtain an ESTA visa for you and your children. Make sure to apply on time, to avoid any surprises. Kids should have a hassle-free holiday, so take care of formalities before the beginning of your trip.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *