Please note that ProMoM can make no claim of affiliation, endorse
the doctrines of, or otherwise support the below listed sites, unless
These links are divided into the following categories:
- INFACT Canada is the Canadian affliate of IBFAN.
- La Leche League International Your headquarters for practical and
sound breastfeeding information and support.
- Australian Breastfeeding Association provides mother-to-mother support and
helpful information for breastfeeding mothers.
- UNICEF supports breastfeeding as an essential health issue for children all over the world.
- The Health Promotion Agency has recently launched a breastfeeding
information website. The website is available at www.breastfedbabies.org
Back to top
General Breastfeeding Sites:
- American Academy of Pediatrics December
1997 Policy Statement on Breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding: Good For Babies, Mothers,
And The Planet, by Alicia Dermer, M.D.,
I.B.C.L.C. and Anne Montgomery, M.D.
- Breastfeeding.com is a comprehensive site with many helpful
- BreastfeedingCafe.com is a site filled with information for both parents and health care providers about breastfeeding, mothering, and the nursing relationship.
- Breastfeeding FAQ's (from the Usenet
Task Force of Greater Los Angeles - This community organization
has several fact
sheets that are worthwhile reading.
- Breastmilk Does Every Body Good
- DONA is the acronym for Doulas of North America,
an international association of doulas who are trained to provide
the highest quality labor support to birthing women and their
- Formula vs. Breastmilk info
- Got Milk? But what kind of milk is best
- Lactation, Breastfeeding, Infant Nutrition brought to you by the Online Birth Center
- Reasons to breastfeed and basic tips
from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Ted Greiner's Breastfeeding Web site.
- The Natural Family Site: Breastfeeding
- "Thoughts on Breastfeeding,"
by anthropologist Katherine Dettwyler,
gives cross-cultural context on many breastfeeding issues.
- Moms Milk Anywhere
MMA is a support organization dedicated to helping mothers become confident and comfortable while nursing in public.
- Alternative Baby An Australian community dedicated to providing information about Attachment Parenting and other alternative, instinctive and natural parenting issues including breastfeeding.
Back to top
provides complete support for the at-home
motherhood lifestyle including free Info Guides, articles, tips,
and newsletters; plus At-Home Mother magazine and the National
Association of At-Home Mothers.
- Breastfeeding & the working mother
- Lactation Pharmacology Information on the safety of drugs in
- The Working Cow
Back to top
Breastfeeding Activism and Legal
- Clever and amusing posters promoting breastfeeding, suitable for
framing and hanging available from INFACT Canada
- La Leche League's page on breastfeeding
and the law
- National Breastfeeding MediaWatch Campaign
- 007 Breasts - Discussion and information about the purpose of breasts
Back to top
Back to top
- A Babe In Arms Apparel
- Abracadabra Maternity Shop
- Affordable Breast Pumps
- The Attachments Catalog Images,
Words, and Wisdom
- Baby Becoming:
Plus sizes for the pregnant and nursing.
- Baby Knows Best
- Mom and baby care, the way nature intended.
- Bailey Medical: Retailer of quality electric breast pumps and breastfeeding products
- Breast Pumps Direct: Manufacturers of the Nurture III Double
Electric Breast Pump
- Bosom Buddies
- Breastfeeding.Com has
great articles, free information, and breastfeeding-related merchandise
- Breastfeeding Essentials
- BreastisBest.com Bras, pumps, slings, and other breastfeeding
products, plus an extensive set of links and a distinctive point
- Diana Designs carries breastfeeding related t-shirts, screen savers, nursing bibs, and more.
- Condessa Nursing Wear ~ luxurious intimate apparel for nursing mothers.
- Elizabeth Lee Designs - patterns for sewing nursing clothes
and a guide to nursing in public
- Kari Me Baby Carriers - Kari Me is a versatile baby carrier that
allows hands free breast feeding while carrying your baby
- Lact-Aid - Lact-Aid® is a system for supplementing
babies' intake at the breast.
- LactNews Online
Information on breastfeeding conferences and educational opportunities
- Little Koala Mother and Baby Catalogue
- Mama T's
- Breastfeeding clothing for nursing mothers, maternity apparel,
three types of baby slings; Mexican Rebozos, The Precious Pouch,
and the Over The Shoulder Baby Holder, gifts, cards, freebies
T's Well Dressed Mama - Nursing clothes
in plus sizes.
- Medela - the best breastpumps available plus
- Mother and Child, etc. Affordable Nursing fashions, Baby slings,
- Mother's En Vogue Maternity and nursing apparel for the fashion forward woman.
- Motherwear- a wonderful catalog for the nursing
mother, along with a helpful guide
to nursing in public places.
- Mother's Milk Boutique
- Bringing necessary resources to breastfeeding Moms including lactation education.
Helping Moms to achieve the best breastfeeding experience
- Mother's Milk Mate
- A safe and convenient answers to packaging and storing breast
milk in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Mother's Nature
- items for pregnancy, nursing, and new parenthood
- OneHotMama - The cool place for pregnant women
and nursing mothers! Nursing clothes, advice, support,discussion
and lots more.
- Over The Shoulder Baby Holder - A terrific way to carry your baby
and breastfeed discreetly.
- Sandsivia Creations - Journals and gift baskets for the new nursing mother.
- Self Expressions -
A great online source for Medela Breast Pumps, Over the Shoulder
Baby Holder baby slings, "My Brest Friend" Nursing Pillows, Nursing
bras and many other Breastfeeding support products!
- Sparrow's Nest Baby Shop Home Page carries nursing blouses, slings, and
other items useful for nursing couples.
- The Baby Lane sells quality Products for Mom &
- The Nursing Baby - home business with nursing products
- Wears The Baby
- Mamámoda Sophisticated Breastfeeding Wear - Unique and stylish breastfeeding and maternity wear. Pregnancy products and slings. Breastfeeding, childbirth, pregnancy, baby info and resources.
Back to top