The idea started with the thought that in the time that it takes
to fill out your name and email address, you can be a breastfeeding
activist! We kept our collective eye out for opportunities to praise
or criticize the media for its portrayals of breastfeeding and prepared
letters that can be quickly submitted by those in the ProMoM community.
Now, we have expanded the thought to include any kind of quick activity
for the cause.
To participate, fill in the fields for your name and email address,
then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the submit
button! Feel free to personalize where applicable. Your letter will
be received instantly, and every letter helps to make a difference.
Each of these activities is prepared by a volunteer. If you'd like
to submit a 3-minute activist opportunity, mail to Our 3 Minute Activist Team.
The most up-to-date information on our activism opportunities can
be found on our Breastfeeding
Activism discussion forum board.
Send a link to this URL to a friend
Applebee's Says Breastfeeding Is Indecent Exposure and tells Kentucky Mom to cover up while having lunch.
The Ronald McDonald House doesn't allow breastfeeding in public?
Shame on you Sesame Street for only showing bottles on Elmo's World.
Send thanks to Ranger Rick.
Subscribe to the RSS Feed!
Participate in the discussions on our Breastfeeding Activism board
Volunteer with ProMoM!
Highlights of past 3 minute
- November 2006, Delta Airlines
- September 2006, Trumbull Westfield Mall
- September 2006, MyCardMaker
- September 2006, Mothering Magazine
- September, 2006, Dallas, TX Police Department
- September, 2006, Parents Magazine article on breastfeeding multiples.
- September, 2006, Chirp Magazine
- September, 2006, Thanks, Pampers!
- September, 2006, The Ellen DeGeneres Show
- July 2006, Kyle Texas Pool
- July, 2006, BabyTalk Magazine
- June, 2006, Victoria's Secret
- June, 2006, Chris Stirewalt
- June, 2006, Target Corporation
- June, 2006, Picture People
- May, 2006, LiveJournal. Media Pack can be found Here
- April, 2006, Today's Parent
- March, 2006, Close to Home
- March, 2006, House of Babies
- March, 2006, Greys Anatomy
- February, 2006, SuperNanny
- February, 2006, American Chemistry Council
- February, 2006, Betsy Hart
- January, 2006, Oprah Winfrey
- January, 2006, Thank you SkyWest Airlines!
- December, 2005, Thank you P.F. Chang's!
- December, 2005, Mississippi Department of Health
- December, 2005, March of Dimes Emergency Breastfeeding & Relactation
- November, 2005, ABC - PSA Idea for Grey's Anatomy
- November, 2005, Grey's Anatomy
- November, 2005, Kate Drolet and Current Online
- November, 2005, Bringing Home Baby
- September, 2005, People Magazine - Julia Roberts
- July, 2005, March of Dimes - WalkAmerica
- July, 2005, Helen Wessler Play Pool, Arlington Texas
- June, 2005, MyPyramid.Gov
- June, 2005, Britney Spears
- June, 2005, WebMD
- June, 2005, Independent Women's Forum
- May, 2005, Parents Magazine
- May, 2005, Randy Scholfield
- May 2005, Adriane Sparks ~ Hulen Mall
- April 2005, Dora the Explorer
- March 2005, Foundation for a Better Life
- March 2005, Laugh Factory ~ Tricia Shore (Comic Mom)
- March 2005, EarlyWorks Museum ~ Huntsville, Alabama
- February 2005, 7th Heaven Update
- June 2004, Target
- May 2004, Fisher Price
- April 2004, General Hospital
- March 2004, Dixie Chicks ~ Martie Maguire
- March 2004, Dixie Chicks ~ Natalie Maines
- February 2004, American Girl Magazine
- February 2004, Cincinnati Museum Center
- December 2003, Death Rate Study
- December 2003, JetBlue
- December 2003, Men's Health Magazine
- November 2003, Department of Health and Human Services
- September 2003, Propane Council
- July 2003, Real Simple Magazine
- May 2003, Kudos to Select Comfort
- April 2003, Days of Our Lives
- April 2003, Friends
- March 2003, Passions
- May 2002, Motherhood Maternity
- April 2002, Fisher-Price
- December 2001, Kelly Rippa
- August 2001 ProMoM's National Nurse Out
- June 2001, Welch's
- June 2001 Wegman's
- April 25,2020 Cheers to Wal-Mart
- April 3rd, 1999 As The World Turns
- March 12th, 1999 Providence
- February 4th, 1999 Kmart
- November 14th, 1998 America Online
- November 5th, 1998 PBS
- October 28th, 1998 Parents magazine (#2)
- October 21st, 1998 St. Louis Post-News Dispatch
- October 13th, 1998 The New York Times
- October 6th, 1998 American Council of
Science and Health
- September 27th, 1998 KNBC-TV
- September 20th, 1998 Child magazine
- September 8th, 1998 Baby magazine
- August 23rd, 1998 Parents magazine
- August 17th, 1998 Glamour magazine